da Russia .1.

My granny is a Witch

I'm a very small boy
& my granny is a witch
I love my granny very much
but she's a witch.
Once on a summer night
she got up and went into the kitchen
I crept after her
& there was a strong smell of onions
up hopped granny on to the frying-pan
and burst out singing ever so loud
& I was ever so frightened
she beckoned to me
and together we flew out of the window
I held on as hard as I could
because the earth below was like a cup
peacocks were strutting over it
and swans swam all in white
it glittered like a Christmas tree
and we dropped into a cake shop
Granny stole some tarts
& I ate them
& Granny ate even more
because she was very tired
& then we came back on a pony
we got undressed ever so quietly
and slipped into bed
Granny told me not to make a noise.
Granny's very kind
it's a pity she's a witch though.

[ Arkady Mikhailov ]

I look hard at this world
it all clears with the years.
Fewer
women
are good for motherhood.
And more and more
are good
for sisterhood.

[ Vladimir Burich ]

Primeira aula do dia: Introduction to Russian Studies.

posted by .j. @ 5:40 da manhã,

1 Comments:

At 2:11 da tarde, Blogger hfm said...

Gostei de conhecer e ler.

 

Enviar um comentário

<< Home